Friday, August 12, 2011

And just like that…

…it’s weekend.

I had a great opportunity yesterday to interview American comedian Dan Cummins. Our conversation went from South African crowds and comics, being a comic in America and working together against the evil that is pandas. One of those might be embellished… I said might. I will have this on the internet on Monday.

Dan Cummins is in South Africa for the Nando’s Comedy Festival that I have mentioned a few times before. I went to see the show on Tuesday and he stood out for me. He was by far the best comic in the show. Not to say that the others weren’t good.

Mark Eddie made me want to take my lighter out and sway it around with his interesting take on famous music acts. Mark has left to get back home for a family emergency and Loyiso Gola is taking his place for the rest of the run.

Acts to look out for is Cape Town’s own Carl Weber. Winner of the Graca Comedy Showdown Cape Town leg. He won on Monday and Tuesday he was on the grand stage and he handles it like a pro. Amazing for a guy that has only being doing stand up for just over a year.

Ndumiso Lindi is one of the finest comedians South Africa has. He opened his set with a joke where the punchline was singing like the Ladysmith Black mambazo. I forgot if I should laugh or get up and hum with him. If the comedy thing doesn’t pan out for him he will still have a change giving the Mambazo strick competition. But don’t fret Ladysmith guys, The Rooster is one funny guy.

Pablo Francisco, what can I say? There are two sides to this fence. The one side loves him, the other side says he hasn’t had a new joke since 2006. You might have heard it a million times on tv and the internet, but you will still go crazy for Little Tortia Boy when he does it. The man is a entertainer and entertain he does.

My personal favorite however was Dan Cummins. He has a dark sense of humour that is so subtle you will find yourself laughing even if you don’t agree with his views on Pandas. He delivers lines of jokes without trying to hard. I can go on, but rather, see for yourself. Make sure you buy his dvd afterwards. You might not get this chance again.



You guys are in for a treat on Monday. Tell all your friends and their cousins. 


Enjoy your weekend, and remember, he who eats the last slice of pizza, gets the least cheese. 

No comments:

Post a Comment